Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Trinity Rocks!

Hello All,
Another week in St. Paul down. I am writing this from Trinity Lutheran Church in Eau Claire. I just met with pastors Heather and Jim. Trinity has graciously agreed to be my teaching community for the fall! This is another requirement for the Mdiv (Masters of Divinity) program. I have to be in a congregation for 4 semesters as an introduction to practical ministry before an internship. This works out well considering I am already involved with ministry at Trinity. I am really excited to be working with Jim, Heather, and Kurt for this process.

Another exciting thing that happened this past week was that I recieved two more scholarships! One is a Siebert Foundation Scholarship which is given to ELCA ministry candidates in Wisconsin. The other is called the Olson Scholarship. I am looking into finding out more about the namesake for this scholarship. God is good! This is just another example of the ways that God's grace can surprise us and lift us up just when we need it. :)

Classes went well this week. Chad and I are getting into the routine of our school schedules. We have been skying a lot, which is great. Chad, being the great teacher that he is, has helped me out with my English grammar when needed. Learning Greek requires you to understand grammar and syntax on a much deeper level than we as English speakers usually learn. In English we rely heavily on word order to show function of words. In Greek, every word is inflected to show the tense, person, and function. For instance we understand that a noun is a direct object because it comes after the verb and by using context clues. In Greek, the noun is inflected in the accusative form to show that its being used as a direct object. So point being.... it helps to be married to an English teacher.

Well I am off to Wednesday evening worship where I get to reconnect with my Crossword (youth praise team) peeps!
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment