Friday, May 27, 2011

One Year Done!

Well I have officially completed my first year of Seminary! It was very exciting last Wednesday to finish my last test and know that I was done. That night Chad made dinner and surprised me with an ice cream cake from Coldstone. It was delicious. I even got to celebrate with my Brandt cousins over the weekend in Minneapolis. We decided to live it up given that it could have been Judgement Day, as some foretold. Well as you know the world did not end, and we had a great weekend!

I'd like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers this year. Your love and support has really helped me through the difficult times. I feel very blessed to have been able to share this journey with you.

Tuesday I will start another chapter of my Seminary journey. I will begin my CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) experience in La Crosse, WI. I will be doing an internship as a chaplain at Gunderson Lutheran Hospital. There are six summer interns in my program as well. Our days will consist of doing group work in the morning and being on the floors in the afternoons. I will be on call once per week as well. I anticipate that this experience will be extremely challenging, but rewarding as well. My aunt Patty is graciously hosting me for this part of the summer. So please continue to keep me in your prayers. Pray that God would help me to be a comforting presence in the lives of those who are hospitalized and their families. I will try to share a few of my experiences on the blog as I am able.

Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment