Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tending to the Spirit

Well I survived midterms which is a great feeling! I have been hard at work on a few papers and a group project. Today my goal for the day is to get a good start on my Church history term paper, as soon as I get home. The choir is singing in chapel this morning so that will be a great inspiration for my week. Its a wonderful experience to have the whole community come together for communion.

Last week I started a spiritual direction group which will meet once a month. I think it will be a great opportunity for me and my group members (who are also first year students) to tend to our spirits. It can be hard to take time out each day for prayer and reflection amidst our "busy schedules." But our spiritual director, Colleen, helped us see that those are the most important times for rest.

Here's a thought that I will be meditating on today from St. Therese of Lisieux:

Our Father gives himself as generously to the least of his children as to the greatest.

Be well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment